Research & Scholarship
The College of Education enhances and promotes a robust culture of research and scholarship, reflecting our goal of achieving Carnegie Research Very High Institution status. The Office of Research and Graduate Studies supports scholarly inquiries on local, regional, national and international levels by providing services that include access to research sites and data, as well as tools for creating competitive proposals. This support allows faculty and staff to increase external funding, compete for major grants and national centers, influence educational policies and practices, and enhance individual scholarly initiatives.
Within these pages we hope to inform our external, and internal, constituencies about the role research plays in the College of Education. We also intend to showcase the important research and scholarship our faculty engages in every day.
For faculty and staff, you will find several useful tools that will assist you during the proposal and budget development process. From links to important research-related policies and procedures to budget templates faculty can use to start developing their proposal budgets, a good portion of this site is devoted to making your professional life a little bit easier.
National Journals Housed in the College of Education
The College is currently home to the following national academic journals.
- Intervention in School and Clinic
- Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy
- Journal of Children's Literature
- Journal of International Counselor Education
- Journal of Praxis
- Journal of Research on Leadership Education
- Journal of Teacher Education
- Play Therapy
- Sport Marketing Quarterly
- The Rural Educator
Organizations in the College of Education
The College is currently home to the following organizations.
- Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE)
- Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) (Omega Alpha) Chapter: International Society for Professional Counseling
- Professional Development Schools
- Southern Nevada Writing Project (SNWP)
- Student Organization for Addictions Professionals (SOAP)
- UNLV Partnership for Research, Assessment, Counseling, Therapy and Innovative Clinical Education ( PRACTICE)